25 Simple Vegetarian Recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Are you searching for more healthy vegetarian recipes? I’ve collected my best easy and delicious vegetable and plant-based dishes right here! You’ll find everything from 15-minutes salads and soups to hearty pasta meals that are full of color and flavor.
Here’s the place to find vegetarian recipes to satisfy every craving — scroll down and see the most popular meatless meals on Familystyle Food.
I have a chapter on vegetable platters in my cookbook, Family Style: Shared Plates for Casual Feasts, but honestly I could write an entire book on that topic alone.
Even though my family isn’t strictly vegetarian, a few times a week I cook dinners that don’t have any meat, so I totally need more meatless dinner options in my life. I hope this collection will help you too.
This handy round-up includes vegetarian meals to enjoy for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Make sure to bookmark this page and share with friends who are looking for more vegetarian ideas!
Vegetarian Pasta Recipes:
Pappardelle Pasta with Rosemary Portobello Mushroom Sauce
Mushroom Gnocchi with Blue Cheese Sauce
Cascatelli Pasta with Pesto and Chickpeas
30-Minute Mushroom Bolognese Pasta Sauce
Burst Cherry Tomato Pasta Sauce
Quick Vegetarian Dinner Recipes
Best Quick and Easy Farro Risotto
Stir-Fried Frozen Vegetables in Sesame Ginger Sauce
Sesame Udon Noodles with Roasted Vegetables
Cauliflower Fried Rice with Kimchi (Keto)
Parmesan Zucchini Noodles with Lemon and Olive Oil
Tasty Vegetarian Salads:
Summer Roll Rice Noodle Salad
Kale Salad with Roasted Chickpeas and Lemon Vinaigrette
Roasted Vegetable Salad
Simple French Lentil Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette
Arugula Salad with Pears, Goat Cheese and Walnuts
Vegetarian Soup Recipes:
Thai Coconut Red Lentil Soup
Creamy Pasta Fagioli Soup with Kale
Homemade Roasted Tomato Soup with Fresh Tomatoes
Classic Pasta e Ceci Soup (Italian Chickpea Soup)
Creamy Cauliflower Soup with Parmesan
Classic Vegetarian Meals:
Roasted Cauliflower Salad with Harissa Chickpeas
Perfect Black Bean Burgers with Lime Mayo
Cheesy Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Spicy Shakshuka Eggs with Harissa and Feta
Roasted Curry Cauliflower Flatbread
Grab my free dinner plan:
FOLLOW ALONG: Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for all the latest recipes and content.
25 Simple Vegetarian Recipes: Roasted Vegetable Salad
- 1 pound eggplant, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 bell peppers (red and/or yellow), seeded and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved if larger than 2-inches in diameter
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon crushed red chili pepper, or to taste
- Kosher salt
- ¼ cup pesto sauce, store-bought or homemade
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 2 big handfuls baby greens, such as arugula, spinach or kale
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Put the eggplant, peppers, tomatoes and onion on a large (18"x13") rimmed sheet pan. Drizzle the oil over and season with the chili pepper and salt to taste (I usually use 1-2 teaspoons Diamond kosher).
- Bake 25-30 minutes, stirring halfway through, until the vegetables are softened and lightly browned on the edges.
- Add the pesto, vinegar and chickpeas to the hot vegetables and stir around with a spatula. Sprinkle the greens over and stir again until the leaves wilt slightly.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Karen’s Notes and Tips
- Roasted vegetables keep for up to 5 days in the refrigerator and can be frozen up to 1 month.
- Serve the salad with cooked grains such as couscous, quinoa, farro or bulgur for a heartier dish.
- Top with soft creamy cheese like feta, burrata, ricotta or goat cheese
Hey, I’m Karen
Creator of Familystyle Food
I’m a food obsessed super-taster and professionally trained cook ALL about creating elevated dinners with everyday ingredients. Find simplified recipes made from scratch and enjoy incredibly tasty food! Read more about me here.