I’m Karen! I’m so glad you’re here.
I have to confess right off that bat that I’m pretty much always craving some particular thing to eat or cook. That must explain why I love what I do! My appetite is sparked by the sensuality of food — all the colors, textures and smells.
My cooking expertise stems from rigorous training in top-tier restaurant kitchens, where I honed my skills and acquired invaluable experience in understanding food science and recipe development.
As a cooking teacher and personal chef for many years, I crafted thoughtfully curated dinner menus and meticulously shopped for fresh ingredients for my clients and students. I like to think I help bring culinary dreams to life!
What you’ll find on Familystyle Food:
- Original (never cookie-cutter!) recipes that I personally create to excite your appetite, along with recommended tools and techniques for success.
- Lots of seasonal produce and what I call “real” food in my recipes, which I like to keep laidback and unfussy.
- Professionally tested recipes that are geared toward healthful meals made from scratch, with minimally processed ingredients. Many are vegan and/or vegetarian so there’s something for everyone.
- They range from quick and easy (ready in less than an hour) one-dish mains and salads to simple desserts and dishes to make for entertaining and relaxed weekend cooking.
- Find my Web Stories here.
About Familystyle Food:
Familystyle Food is inspired by the tables of my childhood in Rhode Island, in an old-school Italian-American family where long Sunday dinners were a ritual. Those hours spent around the table were a gift from my grandparents.
It was the best way they knew to keep family bound together and nourished, as generations multiplied, kids grew up and babies were born.
Maybe for that reason, I adore the simplicity of rustic food. I have a depth of knowledge about Mediterranean cooking for sure. But I’m drawn to any food culture where dishes are shared communally, with big platters that get passed around the table.