This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
An easy, quick and totally delicious recipe for golden roasted Brussels sprouts with crisp Parmesan cheese.
If so, Parmesan-crusted Brussels sprouts is an incredibly easy — and fast — recipe you’re going to love.
Have you ever tasted parmesan crisps?
They’re highly tasty (and addictive) snacks made by heaping grated parmesan cheese on a baking sheet and baking until the heaps melt and turn into lacy cracker-like discs.
That’s kind of what happens in this recipe.
First the sprouts are briefly cooked in boiling water before a getting a good dousing of olive oil and grated parmesan.
Then they go under the broiler for a few minutes.
The cheese melts into those delectable crisp bits while the Brussels sprouts caramelize and brown on the edges.
You get a great mixture of texture with the cheese, whole sprouts and some of the stray leaves that turn extra-dark and crisp. Yum!
Plus this method shaves about 15 minutes off the usual cooking time if you just roasted them from start to finish.
You can sometimes find Brussels sprouts on their stalks in some markets, especially in late fall.
I love to buy them this way — since you can pluck them off right before cooking, they couldn’t be any fresher if they were grown in your own garden.
I’ve always been intrigued by the unusual beauty of Brussels sprouts.
Their miniature cabbage-like form and their distinctive taste, a combination of cauliflower and broccoli, really does it for me.
And like cauliflower and broccoli — all siblings in the Brassica family — they take well to roasting and charring.
It’s one of the best ways to cook them.
More Recipes for Brussels Sprouts and Cauliflower:
- Charred Cauliflower Salad with Fregola
- Roasted Cauliflower with Chickpeas and Harissa
- Brussels Sprouts with Lemon Pine Nut Gremolata
- Brussels Sprouts Slaw with Grapes and Feta
Parmesan-Crusted Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pound (450 g) Brussels sprouts, stem ends trimmed and larger sprouts cut in half
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup (25 g) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Flaky sea salt, such as Maldon
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and add 2 teaspoons salt.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and cook for exactly 5 minutes. Drain.
- Heat the broiler to high with a rack placed 6 inches from the heat source.
- Transfer the sprouts to a large rimmed baking sheet. Toss with the oil and the parmesan.
- Place under the hot broiler until the sprouts are golden and the cheese is bubbling, about 5 minutes depending on the power of your broiler. Rotate the pan and stir the sprouts around about halfway through.
- Sprinkle with salt and serve.
Pin this recipe:
Hey, I’m Karen
Creator of Familystyle Food
I’m a food obsessed super-taster and professionally trained cook ALL about making cooking fun and doable, with easy to follow tested recipes and incredibly tasty food!