This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Are you seriously in love with chocolate? Find dessert ideas here to indulge every craving — everything from chocolate cakes, chocolate chip cookies, frozen desserts and more.
Chocolate is delicious AND eating chocolate releases endorphins that make you feel good. There’s no better way to treat yourself to a little something sweet!
In my cookbook Family Style which is a collection of simple recipes for gathering, I was able to include just a few desserts, and of course I had to include a chocolate cake in the mix 🙂
Scroll down for a sampling of some of our most popular easy chocolate recipes from Familystyle Food!
A chewy, chocolate chip cookie recipe you’ll make over and over! These cookies have crispy edges, chewy insides and gooey chocolate chunks.
One of the easiest — and most impressive chocolate desserts to add to your recipe file. This cake is light, moist and intensely chocolaty! Serve with softly whipped cream, ice cream or just a simple dusting of powdered sugar.
Want more chocolate desserts? Check out all the chocolate recipes here.
An easy, scoop-and-bake cookie dough produces chewy cookies with crunchy edges. For a “fancy” touch, dip the cookies in melted chocolate and top with my favorite flaky sea salt.
Intensely flavored and super-moist flourless brownies with chocolate-hazelnut spread, a dreamy dessert for hazelnut fans!
Moist, fudgy brown sugar brownies topped with creamy chocolate ganache and crunchy sea salt flakes.
A moist, and utterly simple gluten-free chocolate almond cake recipe that’s a classic cake from the Italian Amalfi coast.
Big, chunky, double chocolate brownie cookies packed with chocolate chips, crunchy pecans, and walnuts, inspired by dessert maven Maida Heatter.
Individual frozen chocolate semifreddo dessert recipe with mascarpone. This creamy, cold and luscious treat is perfect for sharing!
French Chocolate Madeleines:
A simple recipe for classic chocolate madeleines. These are little French cakes that are combination cake and cookie, moist on the inside with a thin, crisp crust.
If you love easy chocolate cakes that have an almost molten texture when you stick a fork (or spoon) in, you will love this gluten free recipe! It’s full of healthful ingredients like almond flour, cacao and coconut oil.
10 Homemade Chocolate Desserts, Including Chocolate Madeleines
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) melted butter
- 10 tablespoons (150 g) butter
- 6 ounces (175 g) dark or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 ½ cups (180 g) powdered confectioners sugar
- ½ cup (70 g) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (55 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 (185 ml) large egg whites (¾ cup)
- Brush a madeleine baking pan with the melted butter.
- Put remaining butter and the chocolate in the top of a double boiler or in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water (be sure the water doesn’t touch the bowl). Heat until chocolate and butter are almost melted, 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir together until smooth.
- Sift powdered sugar, flour, cocoa and salt into a bowl using a mesh strainer.
- Beat egg whites in a large bowl with an electric mixer or by hand until very frothy, about 2 minutes. Stir in flour mixture until combined. Add chocolate mixture and mix with a spatula until well blended.
- Portion batter into the pan, filllig each cup with about 1 heaping tablespoon of batter. Chill in the refrigerator one hour. If your pan makes only 12 at a time, chill remaining batter in a bowl and bake in batches.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake about 12 minutes, or until madeleines are springy to touch. Cool in pan 1 minute, then unmold madeleines onto a rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Recipe will yield 18-14 madeleines, depending on your pan size.
- The madeleines will have the ideal crisp outside/soft inside texture just after baking. They will keep for a few days at room temperature in a covered container, but they will soften and become more cake-like — still delicious!
Hey, I’m Karen
Creator of Familystyle Food
I’m a food obsessed super-taster and professionally trained cook ALL about making cooking fun and doable, with easy to follow tested recipes and incredibly tasty food! Read more about me here.