Try this soft, warm pudding cake to satisfy any chocolate craving. It has the texture of a gooey brownie or pudding cake.
I usually take my chocolate straight and dark, thank you very much.
But the next best thing to nibbling on a slab of chocolate is when it’s baked in a warm, sludgy cake.
It’s what I want to eat slowly with a spoon on a chilly night, sitting by the fire.
What is budino?
Budino is an Italian pudding, and can be either sweet or savory.
I think of this budino recipe like a soft-centered brownie baked in a cup – a chocolate pudding cake.
I like to use cocoa nibs for an extra hit of chocolate and a little crunch.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) chopped dark chocolate
- 4 tablespoons butter, plus more for buttering ramekins
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa nibs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and butter 4 6-ounce ramekins or custard cups.
- Place the chocolate and 4 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat until melted. Remove from the heat and stir until smooth; set aside to cool slightly.
- Beat the sugars, eggs, vanilla and salt in an electric mixer until pale and thickened. Add the flour and stir until just combined. Stir in half the chocolate mixture; once it’s blended add the remaining chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the ramekins; sprinkle some nibs over each. Place the ramekins in a shallow baking dish or on a sheet pan. Bake about 15 minutes, or until the cakes are puffed on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out coated with moist batter.
- Serve warm.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 308Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 124mgSodium: 264mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 1gSugar: 27gProtein: 5g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by Nutritionix. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee accuracy. If your health depends on nutrition information, please calculate with your favorite calculator.