This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
A homemade spiced sea salt blend infused with the flavor of the Mediterranean — perfect as a rub or pack in a jar for your favorite food-lover.
This flavorful sea salt blend can be used to notch up the flavor of so many things — use it as a rub for all kinds of meat, poultry or seafood.
How to use Lemon Rosemary Salt
The fresh Mediterranean flavors in the blend are fantastic on roasted vegetables (potatoes!).
And it makes an out-of-this-world popcorn seasoning — toss it to taste with some fresh parmesan cheese and olive oil.
Herbal-infused salts are one of the simplest ways to add some zest (literally) to basic recipes, and they’re easily mixed together with ingredients that are probably already in your kitchen.
As soon as you make the blend the mixture will become moist from the oils in the lemon and rosemary.
But eventually the salt dries them out, essentially preserving and intensifying their flavor and infusing the salt at the same time.
Lemon Rosemary Salt Blend
Makes 3/4 cup seasoned salt
- ¼ cup (73 g) coarse sea salt or kosher salt, [Diamond is my recommended brand]
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) turbinado raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) crumbed red chile flakes
- 2 tablespoons (30 g) chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) coriander seeds
- 1 lemon
- Mix the salt, sugar, chili flakes and rosemary in a bowl.
- Grind the peppercorns, fennel and coriander seeds in a small spice grinder. Stir into the bowl.
- Peel the lemon thinly with a vegetable peeler, avoiding the white pith as much as possible. Slice the peel into thin matchsticks, then slice crosswise to make tiny squares.
- Stir the lemon into the salt mixture. Spread out on a rimmed baking sheet in one layer. Let the mixture dry for a day or two before packing into a small jar.
Hey, I’m Karen
Creator of Familystyle Food
I’m a food obsessed super-taster and professionally trained cook ALL about making cooking fun and doable, with easy to follow tested recipes and incredibly tasty food!