A beautiful, simple flatbread for holiday appetizer season. Just top a pre-baked naan with creamy ricotta and jewel-colored pomegranate salsa.
It’s late fall again and the beginning of my favorite time of year for cooking.
There’s such a great variety of produce piled up in the markets having their “it” moment right now it’s almost overwhelming.
I want to gather everything up and devour it all before it’s gone!
I’m thinking of the fruits that were recently harvested, like apples and pears that haven’t been in cold storage for months and months.
And let’s not forget the last of the late season figs, and the fleeting appearance of big, beautiful jeweled-red pomegranates.
Ever since I first made this recipe for Pomegranate Relish from chef Suzanne Goin’s cookbook Sunday Suppers at Lucques it’s been a favorite. I made it this time around with some dried cranberries to top some creamy ricotta-topped flatbread.
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup dried, sweetened cranberries; roughly chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange zest strips
- Pinch salt
- 1 oval pre-baked flatbread, such as naan or pocketless pita
- 8 ounces Bel Gioioso Ricotta con Latte
- ½ cup baby arugula
- Combine pomegranate seeds, cranberries, shallot, oil, vinegar, honey, parsley, orange zest and salt in a bowl.
- Place flatbread on a preheated grill rack or baking stone in a 450-degree oven; toast until warm and edges are lightly toasted, 5 – 10 minutes.
- Spoon ricotta over warm flatbread and spread lightly. Arrange arugula over ricotta; cut into serving pieces. Top each slice with salsa.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 249Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 292mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 2gSugar: 10gProtein: 11g