This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
A beautiful, simple flatbread for holiday appetizer season. Just top a pre-baked naan with creamy ricotta and jewel-colored pomegranate salsa.
It’s late fall again and the beginning of my favorite time of year for cooking.
There’s such a great variety of produce piled up in the markets having their “it” moment right now it’s almost overwhelming.
I want to gather everything up and devour it all before it’s gone!
I’m thinking of the fruits that were recently harvested, like apples and pears that haven’t been in cold storage for months and months.
And let’s not forget the last of the late season figs, and the fleeting appearance of big, beautiful jeweled-red pomegranates.
Ever since I first made this recipe for Pomegranate Relish from chef Suzanne Goin’s cookbook Sunday Suppers at Lucques it’s been a favorite. I made it this time around with some dried cranberries to top some creamy ricotta-topped flatbread.
Ricotta Flatbread with Pomegranate Salsa
- ½ cup (80 g) pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup (60 g) dried sweetened cranberries, roughly chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) honey
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) fresh orange zest strips
- Pinch salt
- 1 oval prebaked flatbread, such as naan or pocketless pita
- 8 ounces (225 g) Bel Gioioso Ricotta con Latte or whole milk ricotta cheese
- ½ cup baby arugula
- Combine pomegranate seeds, cranberries, shallot, oil, vinegar, honey, parsley, orange zest and salt in a bowl.
- Place flatbread on a preheated grill rack or baking stone in a 450 (230C) degree oven. Toast until warm and edges are lightly brown, 5-10 minutes.
- Spoon ricotta over warm flatbread and spread lightly. Arrange arugula over ricotta and cut the naan into serving pieces. Top each slice with salsa.
Hey, I’m Karen
Creator of Familystyle Food
I’m a food obsessed super-taster and professionally trained cook ALL about making cooking fun and doable, with easy to follow tested recipes and incredibly tasty food! Read more about me here.