Ricotta Flatbread with Cranberry Pomegranate Salsa
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
A beautiful, simple flatbread for holiday appetizer season. Just top a pre-baked naan with creamy ricotta and jewel-colored pomegranate salsa.
It’s late fall again and the beginning of my favorite time of year for cooking.
There’s such a great variety of produce piled up in the markets having their “it” moment right now it’s almost overwhelming.
I want to gather everything up and devour it all before it’s gone!
I’m thinking of the fruits that were recently harvested, like apples and pears that haven’t been in cold storage for months and months.
And let’s not forget the last of the late season figs, and the fleeting appearance of big, beautiful jeweled-red pomegranates.
Ever since I first made this ricotta flatbread recipe I wanted to use Pomegranate Relish from chef Suzanne Goin’s cookbook Sunday Suppers at Lucques it’s been a favorite! I made it this time around with some dried cranberries to top some creamy ricotta-topped flatbread.
FOLLOW ALONG: Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for all the latest recipes and content.
Ricotta Flatbread with Pomegranate Salsa
- ½ cup (80 g) pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup (60 g) dried sweetened cranberries, roughly chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) honey
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) fresh orange zest strips
- Pinch salt
- 1 oval prebaked flatbread, such as naan or pocketless pita
- 8 ounces (225 g) Bel Gioioso Ricotta con Latte or whole milk ricotta cheese
- ½ cup baby arugula
- Combine pomegranate seeds, cranberries, shallot, oil, vinegar, honey, parsley, orange zest and salt in a bowl.
- Place flatbread on a preheated grill rack or baking stone in a 450 (230C) degree oven. Toast until warm and edges are lightly brown, 5-10 minutes.
- Spoon ricotta over warm flatbread and spread lightly. Arrange arugula over ricotta and cut the naan into serving pieces. Top each slice with salsa.
Hey, I’m Karen
Creator of Familystyle Food
I’m a food obsessed super-taster and professionally trained cook ALL about creating elevated dinners with everyday ingredients. Find simplified recipes made from scratch and enjoy incredibly tasty food! Read more about me here.
I love this!! It is so flavorful and beautiful with all the colors. I make it every Christmas season! I can’t wait for dinner tonight. Thank you for this recipe!!
I love the pomegranate salsa! Gorgeous!
Hey there. Nice site. I wanted to ask, though, where did
you purchase the theme? Or did you develop it yourself?
I’m putting up my own site and am on the lookout for a theme as solid as this one.
My spouse and I stumbled over here coming from a different web address and thought I may
as well check things out. I like what I see so now i am following you.
Look forward to looking at your web page again.
Got together with some friends to make some fresh ricotta cheese and decided to use this recipe to try it. We loved it! The pop in your mouth from the pomegranate and the hint of orange and honey was delicious. Yum! May try it on toasted baguette slices next time and do it more as an appetizer. Thank you for sharing this!
Made this recipe today for a bridal shower. I could not find where I had filed the recipe do forgot orange rind salt and paesley . I substituted goat cheese for the ricotta cheese and was amazing .will be making this all summer
Cindy, goat cheese sounds like a fine substitute. So glad you liked it! I think it would be great with summer berries, too.
Beautiful!! Love all these colors 🙂
Yum! I’m going to have to make this soon! Or else wait until the college kids are home for Thanksgiving! I think they’d like it, too.
That looks GOOD!