This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Serve these pretty, peachy-pink drinks for brunch or just to celebrate a beautiful day.
A rhubarb bellini is a refreshing prosecco cocktail made with fresh fruit puree makes a pretty and refreshing spring-summer drink.
It’s lower in alcohol and sugar than other cocktails, which makes it a great choice for festive day-drinking (and who doesn’t love that?)
I usually drink my bubbles straight up, but sometimes it’s fun to play around with the basics.
A glass of very cold Prosecco is soooo nice at the end of a long day, especially a warm, humid one.
You just need a few rhubarb stalks to make a puree with some sugar and lemon.
It’s a perfectly blush-colored variation on the classic peachy bellini.
Unless you’re having a party, you’ll most likely have some leftover rhubarb puree.
The recipe makes more than enough for a bottle’s worth of drinks, but it’s delicious with warm scones or over gelato.
Rhubarb Bellini with Prosecco
- 2 cups (225 g) rhubarb, chopped (about 2 large stalks)
- ½ cup (120 g) cane sugar
- ¼ cup (60 ml) water
- Grated zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 1 bottle (750 ml) Chilled prosecco
- Combine the rhubarb, sugar, water, lemon zest and juice in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Lower the heat to a slow bubble and cook until the rhubarb softens to a mushy texture, about 15 minutes.
- Puree the rhubarb with an immersion blender or small food processor until smooth. Refrigerate until cold. Or if you're very thirsty, chill the puree in a bowl of ice water until cold.
- Pop open a bottle of cold prosecco or other sparkling wine. Spoon 1-2 tablespoons of the puree into the flutes. Pour some prosecco over, stir to blend with a long spoon or a chopstick and top off with more Prosecco, pouring gradually (the mixture may bubble madly for a minute).
Hey, I’m Karen
Creator of Familystyle Food
I’m a food obsessed super-taster and professionally trained cook ALL about making cooking fun and doable, with easy to follow tested recipes and incredibly tasty food! Read more about me here.