This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
A pretty, bubbly drink recipe: fresh strawberry Rossini cocktail with prosecco — perfect for brunch or everyday celebrating!
A strawberry prosecco cocktail is a perfect drink to serve for any get-together, from the most elegant to the just-for-fun.
All you need is a bottle of light, bubbly prosecco to pair with fresh, lightly sweetened strawberries and a splash of vodka or strawberry liqueur.
Then it’s time to celebrate!
I’ve always thought the best sentences start with just three little words: Pop the Cork. Don’t you agree?
Along with the words, the actual sound of a cork emerging from a bottle with a pop, bang or that slow phssssstt indicating the energized presence of fizzy bubbles is amazing all by itself.
It has the power to lift up the spirits of everyone in the room, in the blink of an eye.
It’s one of the purest sounds of celebration that I know, and such a simple thing, really.
What is a Rossini cocktail?
This bubbly concoction is called a Rossini, named after a famous Italian composer known for his “bubbly compositions.”
It’s very much like the strawberry version of another classic Italian cocktail, the Bellini.
A Rossini swaps in fresh strawberries for the peaches mixed into Bellinis.
Where a Bellini cocktail is peachy-colored like the sun setting on a beach, a Rossini is tinted a pretty rose-pink and is infused with fresh strawberry essence.
Classic versions of this drink call for just strawberries and prosecco, but I wanted to amplify the berry flavor so I added a splash of strawberry vodka.
You can substitute a strawberry-flavored liqueur instead, or just leave it out and enjoy the drink without either addition.
Any way you choose, Rossini cocktails are light and refreshing.
A strawberry Rossini is just the thing you want to drink or serve for a fun party, summer brunch. You can also make a batch of summer berry prosecco cocktails for a crowd!
Or, of course, while watching the sun going down somewhere 😉
[mv_create key=”88″ type=”list” title=”Delicious Strawberry and Rhubarb Drinks” thumbnail=”https://familystylefood.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/strawberry-rossinis-familystylefood.jpg” layout=”circles”]
How to make a perfect strawberry Rossini cocktail:
- To make sure your drink scores a “10” on the refreshment scale, start with a very cold bottle of prosecco.
- Choose ripe, red strawberries without soft spots or bruising.
- Fun hack: To pour sparkling wine into the puree so that it doesn’t foam as much, hold the glass at an angle with one hand while slowly pouring the wine along the side of the glass with the other hand.
- Stir the mixture gently with a chopstick or long thin utensil to blend.
Strawberry Rossini Prosecco Cocktail
- 1 pound (450 g) strawberries, hulled and sliced in half
- 1/4 cup (50 g) sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) strawberry flavored liqueur or vodka, optional
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) fresh squeezed lemon juice, about 1/2 of a juicy lemon
- 1 750- ml bottle Prosecco, chilled
- Sliced strawberries, for garnish
- Puree the strawberries, sugar, liqueur and lemon juice in a blender until very smooth (makes appoximately 1 1/2 cups puree).
- Pour through a fine strainer set over a container with a pouring spout.
- Pour the puree into glass flutes to fill by 1/3 (about 2-3 tablespoons per glass). Slowly pour Prosecco over the puree and stir gently - it will bubble up. Garnish glass with a slice of strawberry and enjoy.
Hey, I’m Karen
Creator of Familystyle Food
I’m a food obsessed super-taster and professionally trained cook ALL about making cooking fun and doable, with easy to follow tested recipes and incredibly tasty food!