This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Easy and elegant honeydew salad is a refreshing fruit salad recipe for summer, with fresh mint, feta and blueberries in a light, sweet-tangy dressing.
Are you looking for new ideas for using summer melons?
Let this honeydew salad change your mind about fruit salad.
You know, those often boring (and tasteless) melanges of cubed melon and grapes served at every brunch buffet and grab-and-go deli stop in the land.
Really good summer honeydew is a beautiful thing, right up there with perfectly ripe, red watermelon in terms of sweet, juicy eating.
Like watermelon, honeydew melon becomes magical when it’s paired with salty feta cheese, as in the classic watermelon, feta and mint salad.
Just imagine it’s a hot, humid day, and a plate of cold, sliced honeydew melon appears.
Now all you need to do is dress up that melon with a quick honey and vinegar dressing, along with some equally refreshing sliced cucumber, blueberries and fresh mint leaves.
It’s so easy to do it’s hardly a recipe, but it’s the simple combination of ingredients that makes this honeydew salad surprising.
This is miles away from an ordinary fruit salad, and it’s as delicious to eat as it is gorgeous to look at.
How to choose the perfect melon for honeydew salad:
Pale emerald-colored honeydews are a type of muskmelon, related to cantaloupes and other orange and green-fleshed melons.
Choosing a really good melon is the key to a simple and delicious salad. Here’s what to look for:
- Take the sniff test: A good ripe melon should have a sweet, musky aroma.
- Gently push on the blossom end of the melon (opposite from the stem end) — it should give to slight pressure.
- Store a ripe melon at room temperature for a few days, and refrigerator a few hours before slicing and serving.
Honeydew Melon Salad with Feta, Cucumber and Blueberries
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Flaky sea salt or kosher salt
- 2 pounds honeydew melon, 1 small melon or 1/2 of an average-sized one
- 1 English seedless cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced into half-moons
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Fresh mint leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Whisk the honey, vinegar and a generous pinch of salt in a small bowl until blended.
- Cut the melon in half and scoop out the seeds. Slice into 1/2-inch wedges and remove the skin. Put the slices on a large serving platter or arrange on individual plates.
- Sprinkle the cucumber, blueberries and feta over the melon.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad. Scatter some mint leaves over the salad and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with flaky salt to taste.
Pin this recipe for later:
Hey, I’m Karen
Creator of Familystyle Food
I’m a food obsessed super-taster and professionally trained cook ALL about making cooking fun and doable, with easy to follow tested recipes and incredibly tasty food!