This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
A vegetable salad and flatbread sandwich in one! Warm naan bread topped with curry-spiced roasted cauliflower, hummus, yogurt and feta.
Think of this curry-spiced roasted cauliflower flatbread as a hearty salad pizza, with layers of flavor.
You get aromatic spiced cauliflower, savory caramelized onion and a hit of tangy acidity from lemon and yogurt.
Creamy hummus spread on warm, pillowy naan bread serves as the base, making this whole concoction a tasty and satisfying lunch or snack.
Cauliflower can be a little bland and one-note on its own, which is why I’m a big fan of roasting it and seasoning it with bold, spicy flavors (check out my recipe for Roasted Cauliflower with Chickpeas and Harissa to see what I mean).
And it comes in colors!
Sometimes my market has cauliflower in a rainbow of colors like purple, orange and green.
When I made this, I mixed white, yellow and a gorgeously green variety called Romanesco.
How to make roasted cauliflower flatbread
- Use your favorite prepared hummus or make your own — try this recipe for homemade creamy hummus!
- Throw some baby salad greens on top of your flatbread to make it more salad-y
- To save time, roast the cauliflower ahead of time, then assemble and heat the flatbreads in minutes when you’re ready to eat.
- Ghee is clarified butter used in Indian cooking. It’s nutty, rich and absolutely delicious in this recipe. But don’t worry if you don’t have it — regular sweet unsalted butter is just as good.
- Naan is a soft South Asian flatbread you can find in many grocery stores, but prepared flatbread shells are another great option.
Roasted Curry Cauliflower Flatbread
- 1 large cauliflower (about 2 pounds), cored and cut into bite-size florets
- 1 small red or yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons melted ghee or butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Juice of half a lemon
- 4 prepared naan breads or flatbread crusts
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- 3 tablespoons plain Greek-style yogurt
- 1 cup hummus
- Handful fresh cilantro leaves
- Crushed red chili pepper or Aleppo pepper
- Heat oven to 450 (225 C) degrees.
- Put the cauliflower and onion in a large bowl and toss with the ghee and olive oil.
- Heat the cumin and coriander seeds in a small skillet over medium heat until they start to become fragrant, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a mortar and crush the seeds.
- Combine the cumin and coriander with the paprika, black pepper, turmeric and salt until blended. Sprinkle over the cauliflower and toss it coat evenly with the spices. Add the lemon juice and toss again.
- Put the cauliflower mixture on a rimmed baking sheet and roast 25-30 minutes, until tender and golden brown.
- Heat the naan on the oven rack for 10 minutes. Stir the feta and yogurt together.
- To serve: Spread each naan with some hummus, then top with some cauliflower. Spoon some of the yogurt mixture randomly over the naan. Sprinkle with cilantro and chili pepper.
- Use a mixture of colorful cauliflower if you find them in your market — there’s no difference in flavor, but they look great!
- If you don’t have whole cumin and/or coriander seeds, use 1/2 teaspoon of the ground spices instead.
Hey, I’m Karen
Creator of Familystyle Food
I’m a food obsessed super-taster and professionally trained cook ALL about making cooking fun and doable, with easy to follow tested recipes and incredibly tasty food! Read more about me here.