This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Lush chocolate avocado mousse with a healthy twist — easy to make and so good for you!
You know that feeling when something tastes so good you literally start laughing?
That’s what eating this rich, insanely good chocolate avocado pudding does to you.
Avocados are one of nature’s perfect foods, loaded with fiber and healthy monounsaturated fats, potassium and folate.
They’re a superfood ingredient whose star continues to rise.
But what happens when you’re tired of neatly arranged rows of avocado slices on pieces of toast?
Since you’re reading this, I can guess you know the answer!
The combination of avocados with pure, organic cocoa (another nutritious antioxidant superfood) and a natural sweetener like maple syrup makes this creamy chocolate avocado mousse a supremely healthy dessert or snack.
The other thing worth knowing about this recipe is how simple it is to whip up.
It comes together in seconds in a food processor, and the results will simply blow you away.
I’ve been making this healthy mousse on a regular basis for years.
When they were very little (and afraid of green vegetables) I used to enjoy watching my kids devour it, which I admit brought out a certain motherly deviousness.
It might seem strange to see balsamic vinegar in the ingredient list for this dessert, but it actually adds to the sensory experience.
When you eat a spoonful of this mousse you get all the essential flavors that satisfy your desire for deliciousness: sweet, salty, sour and bitter.
How to serve Chocolate Avocado Pudding:
- Sprinkle some cacao nibs over the pudding for extra crunch (and superfood goodness).
- Scoop the pudding into small bowls and top with assorted fresh berries – blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and strawberries.
- Freeze the pudding mixture in an ice cream maker for amazing sorbet.
- Spread some on whole grain toast or rice cakes.
The Ultimate (Vegan) Chocolate Avocado Pudding
- Scoop the avocado flesh out with a spoon and place in the workbowl of a food processor. Pulse a few times until the avocados are creamy.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until very smooth.
Pin this recipe for later:
Hey, I’m Karen
Creator of Familystyle Food
I’m a food obsessed super-taster and professionally trained cook ALL about making cooking fun and doable, with easy to follow tested recipes and incredibly tasty food!