Quick blueberry oat muffins to start off the day or pack into a lunch, full of healthy whole grain oats and berries.
Even if you’re a minimalist when it comes to baking, you probably have all the ingredients on hand to bake a quick batch of these blueberry oat muffins.
They’re dairy-free friendly and loaded with healthy berries and whole grain oats.
I’m personally more of a savory breakfast eater, but sometimes I’ll wake up and crave something warm and fruity.
That usually means a bowl of oatmeal or a batch of these muffins, which don’t require much fussing to make.
But when you’re in the mood for a wholesome whole grain muffin, this is a great recipe to save.
Blueberry oat muffins are not too sweet.
The sparkling flakes of turbinado sugar sprinkled on top of the muffins add crunch and just a touch of sweetness.
The recipe couldn’t be easier. If you have one bowl and a mixing spoon you’ll be good to go!
By the time the house wakes up, these blueberry muffins will be warm from the oven and ready to eat.
- 1/ 2 cup whole rolled oats or quick oats
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries (or frozen blueberries thawed and drained)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons raw turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine oats and juice. Let sit 10 minutes.
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, oil and egg and mix well. Gently fold in the berries.
- Spoon into 12 paper baking cups or oiled muffin tin. Sprinkle the sugar over the tops.
- Bake 18-22 minutes until lightly golden. Let muffins cool in the pan 10 minutes before turning them out.
If you don't have fresh blueberries on hand, frozen berries work beautifully. Just measure them out and let them thaw for about 15 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 259 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 16mg Sodium: 180mg Carbohydrates: 37g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 13g Protein: 4g