This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Grab the best chicken thigh recipes right here! Chicken thighs are tasty, affordable and so easy to cook. Meaty chicken thighs are the dark meat of the chicken — the most flavorful part of the bird. And bonus, they cost much less than chicken breasts.
Whether boneless, skinless or bone-in with crispy skin, chicken thighs make very satisfying meals. And they’re so versatile. Chicken thighs can be braised, roasted, baked, stir-fried and grilled.
Here’s a round-up of some of the best chicken thigh recipes we’ve tasted. Save this top ten list and start cooking weeknight dinners everyone will love!
Dinner-party approved: Braised chicken in red wine sauce is a perfect recipe for having people over. Julia Child gives it 5 stars!
Bone-in, skin-on: Tender, juicy baked bone-in chicken with a crispy skin. So good!
Oven-baked: Chicken thighs baked in the oven are an amazing 30-minute dinner, using everyday pantry ingredients like Dijon mustard and boneless chicken thighs.
For the grill: Juicy chicken thighs in a savory ginger glaze, a touch of cayenne pepper and crunchy peanuts.
One-dish dinner: Cooked chicken thighs made on a sheet pan with harissa paste and garnished with fresh cilantro.
Quick, quick, quick: This is a fast chicken recipe for a busy day, full of sweet-and-sour flavor.
Stovetop: Super-tender chicken thighs braised in garlic and white wine butter sauce with sun dried tomatoes and thyme.
Stir-fry: Boneless skinless chicken thighs stir-fried with onions, broccoli (or green beans) and a spicy sauce.
Chicken soup: An easy homemade chicken soup loaded with noodles and veggies.
Slow-cooked or pressure-cooked: Vibrant and delicious chicken thighs in a lime juice and curry coconut sauce can be cooked in an Instant pot or slow cooker.
Bake boneless chicken thighs in the oven about 25 minutes at 425 degrees.
Bake bone-in chicken thighs 30-35 minutes at 400 degrees.
Slow-cook chicken thighs for 35 minutes on medium heat.
Grill chicken thighs about 15 minutes on medium-high heat.
Stir-fry chicken thighs (sliced) 10 minutes on high heat.
Quick and Tasty Chicken Thigh Recipes: Lemon Chicken Thighs with Rosemary
- 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup (60 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Aleppo chili pepper, optional
- ½ teaspoon crushed red chili
- 1-2 garlic cloves, grated on a Microplane or finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped aromatic fresh herbs, such as thyme, rosemary, marjoram or oregano
- 2 pounds (900 g) boneless skinless chicken thighs, about 6 pieces
- Arrange oven rack six inches from heat source and preheat the broiler.
- Grate the zest of one lemon into a large bowl, then slice in half and squeeze the juice into the bowl (You should have enough juice to make a ¼ cup. If not, use the other lemon to get that amount). Cut the other lemon in half and slice it into thin half moons.
- Add the salt, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, chili pepper, garlic and herbs to the bowl and whisk together. Put the chicken in the bowl, turning the pieces around to coat in the marinade.
- Heat a cast-iron (or other heavy oven-proof) skillet large enough to hold the chicken without crowding over medium-high heat on the stovetop. When the pan is hot, add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and the chicken pieces, reserving the marinade.
- Cook 5-7 minutes, or until the chicken begins to brown. Turn the chicken pieces over with a pair of tongs. Pour the remaining marinade over the chicken, tuck the lemon slices in and around the chicken. Place the pan under the broiler. Cook until the chicken is firm and golden and lemon slices begin to brown, 5-7 more minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving dish, pour the pan juices over and serve.