Parmesan Zucchini Noodles with Lemon and Olive Oil
Yield 4 servings
Parmesan Zucchini Noodles - A no-cook gluten-free and low-carb recipe for raw zucchini noodles and simple Italian seasonings. It's unbelievably quick, delicious and healthy!
- 4 medium zucchini (about 8 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Flaky sea salt or kosher salt
- 1 or 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, to taste
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon zest
- 1/3 cup walnuts, toasted* and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh herb leaves, such as Italian parsley and basil, torn into pieces
- A chunk of Parmigiano-Reggiano or Parmesan cheese
- Trim the ends of the zucchini and cut into noodles, ribbons or matchsticks.
- Put the zucchini in a large bowl and pour the olive oil over. Toss gently to coat the strands, then season with salt to taste (I use 1/2 - 1 teaspoon usually).
- Add the lemon juice, zest and walnuts and toss again.
- Top the bowl with the herbs and shave cheese over the top with a vegetable peeler.
*Toast walnuts for 10 minutes in a 350-degree oven, or in a heavy skillet over medium-low heat until lightly golden.
Recipe by Familystyle Food at https://familystylefood.com/zucchini-noodles-olive-oil-lemon/