rosemary lemon sea salt blend
Yield 3/4 cup
For a tasty spice rub, use about 1 tablespoon per pound of meat, poultry or fish.
- 1/4 cup coarse sea salt or kosher salt (Diamond is my recommended brand)
- 1 tablespoon turbinado raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon crumbed red chile flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 lemon
- Mix the salt, sugar, chili flakes and rosemary in a bowl.
- Grind the peppercorns, fennel and coriander seeds in a small spice grinder. Stir into the bowl.
- Peel the lemon thinly with a vegetable peeler, avoiding the white pith as much as possible. Slice the peel into thin matchsticks, then slice crosswise to make tiny squares.
- Stir the lemon into the salt mixture. Let the mixture dry for a day or two before packing into a small jar.
Courses spice blend/pantry
Recipe by Familystyle Food at https://familystylefood.com/rosemary-lemon-sea-salt-blend/