raw tuscan vegetables and olive oil - pinzimonio
Yield 1 - 10 servings
The vegetables are best when crunchy, fresh and cold.
Before serving, you can immerse vegetables in a large bowl of ice water for 15 minutes. Drain and pat dry before arranging on a platter.
- Assorted super-fresh vegetables, such as: carrots, red, yellow or orange bell peppers, baby zucchini, cucumber, snap peas, green beans, fennel or radishes
- Best quality extra-virgin olive oil
- Flaky, crunchy salt - I like Maldon or Diamond kosher
- Black peppercorns in a pepper mill
- Wash, peel and trim vegetables as needed to make bite-sized pieces or matchsticks.
- Chill the vegetables for an hour or so, then arrange them on a serving plate or large platter, or put them in wide glasses with a splash of ice water.
- Set out small plates and allow each person to mix salt and fresh ground pepper in one, and some olive oil in another.
- Dip the vegetables in oil, then in the salt mixture. Eat.
Recipe by Familystyle Food at https://familystylefood.com/raw-tuscan-vegetables-and-olive-oil/