Mochaccino Sparkle Cookies
- 2/3 cup (11 tablespoons) butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup natural cane sugar
- 1 ½ cups cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sanding sugar, turbinado sugar or granulated sugar
- Beat the butter in a standing mixer bowl on medium-high speed until light, about 1 minute. Add the sugars, cocoa, espresso, baking soda, spices and salt and beat until combined. Beat in the egg whites and yogurt.
- Slow the mixer speed to stir and add flour in 1 cup additions until just blended - do not overmix. Cover the mixing bowl and chill in the refrigerator until the dough is easy to scoop.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Scoop balls of dough (I used a 1 1/2 tablespoon size scoop), roll them generously in sugar and arrange on the baking sheets at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies in batches about 12 minutes or until the edges are just firm. It's okay to underbake the middles slightly if you like a more chewy center. Cool on the pan for a few minutes before transferring to a rack to cool.
Recipe by Familystyle Food at https://familystylefood.com/mochaccino-sparkle-cookies/